A Moment Of Silence For The Victims Of 9/11

Ten years ago on September, 11th, 2001 I remember one of my coworkers came in for her 1pm shift at La Marquise (a spa I was an Aesthetician at) and told me two planes hit the twin towers and the twin towers were gone. Initially I thought she in some warped way was pulling my leg. Upon the realization that she was indeed telling the truth I became numb. I thought what happened in Oklahoma was bad enough but to realize such a huge atrocity had taken place was a major shock. Until that point nothing to this degree had taken place in our continent. I was all a rather big eye opener to how truly messed up our world is and it is only becoming worse day by day.


Invincible no more
Eyes wide open
Explosions of hate
Dreams and lives crushed
All that remains are ashes
Innocence killed by ignorance
© Angela2BPecked

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

At Last My Love Had Come Along

Osama Bin Laden Is Dead, Now What?

So Sweet You'll Want To Vomit,Deal With It..lol...