The Invention Of Lying (Strong Anti-Christian Themes)

Last night "J" took me to see "The Invention Of Lying" for my Birthday and I was excited to see what I was expecting to be a witty romantic comedy!As the movie began I thought it was funny then it became something I felt dirty watching.The icky feeling started when Mark Bellison (Gervais' character) told his mother about the after life to make her feel better,implying that heaven's existence is a lie.Mark Bellison after reports of the after life story gains followers and media coverage.If implying that Heaven was a lie was not bad enough in front of his apartment building Mark Bellison holds up two pizza boxes containing hand-written laws of behavior (Ten Commandments) on behalf of the Man in the Sky (God).When Mark emerged at his door with a sheet (Robe) with long hair and a beard like Jesus "J" and I decided we were offended enough to leave!the fact I left says alot given since I loved Dogma and Saved!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

At Last My Love Had Come Along

Osama Bin Laden Is Dead, Now What?

So Sweet You'll Want To Vomit,Deal With It..lol...